Monday, October 12, 2009

Water Rights Reflection


I do not believe that a single person or entity should have the right to capture and divert water flowing beneath common ground for self profit. I do not believe that water is a resource that should be purchased and sold in the way that is mentioned in the article. I think it is horrible that a person can become so obsessed with profit. Rather than spending all this time and effort trying to find a way to make a profit from water, why look for a way to make this human necessity available to everyone who needs it. This project not only has the potential to seriously disrupt the ecosystem, I believe it is a step backwards in the pursuit of environmental sustainability. Research needs to be done to find ways of supplying, not selling, fresh water to those who need it.

Image Source: http://www.townofbeloit.org

No comments:

Post a Comment