Saturday, September 12, 2009

Your Neighborhood

One of the reasons I love going to FGCU is because you can go and take a walk through campus at any point in the day and see all sorts of amazing wildlife. During one of my many trips through campus I came across two eagles fighting a hawk for a bag of McDonald’s that was laying on the ground just a few feet in front of me. I managed to find a quiet place to watch from that would not be disruptive. I spent an exciting 10 minutes or so watching these massive birds fight for lunch not much more than an arms length in front of me. I have really come to appreciate all the natural areas around the FGCU campus. I have traveled through the campuses different nature trails and have walked across the various wooden bridges on my way to class and can honestly say that I never thought I would be able to do something like that right outside my dorm at college.



No comments:

Post a Comment