
My favorite snack is “GRANDMA'S® Vanilla Mini Sandwich Creme Cookies”. It is a product of the Frito-Lay company. The ingredients list located on the Frito-Lay website was far too blurry for me to make out. The company seems to be taking many steps to help reduce its ecological footprint. According to the Frito-Lay website “Over the past five years we’ve eliminated five billion square inches of packaging by reducing the materials we use by 10%.” The website also added that “At our Casa Grande, AZ plant we are working to cut our electricity & water by 90%. By early 2011, we’ll complete the retrofit to enable our Casa Grande plant to run almost entirely on renewable energy and recycled water while reducing waste going to the landfill to less than 1%. (2011)”. http://www.fritolay.com/our-planet/steps-to-a-healthier-planet.html I thought The Future of Food movie was very informative and well made. I had no idea that genetically modified plants were so widespread. I also found the whole idea of patenting life horrifying. This film definitely has encouraged me to spend more time reading and finding out what exactly I am eating.
Images provided by http://www.fritolay.com
No comments:
Post a Comment