Monday, November 30, 2009

Neighborhood Walk

As I walk though the FGCU housing area I don’t see much of a difference from the last time. The plants have grown pretty fast and have started to cover areas I used to walk through. The amount of trash on the ground and thrown in the wooded areas always bothered me, and it seems to have increased since the last time I walked around. While I was walking down the bridge over near building O I noticed someone somehow managed to stick a bottle in between two branches of a tree on my right. This really amazed me because I have no idea how they could reach that far over the bridge to get it there; it must have taken some real effort. I notice that I see more exotic species after taking this class. I feel more educated about the nature around me which I think is nice. I also stopped to take a look at the solar panel field on campus, I thought it was pretty cool how it was constructed; it’s nice that you can see it from the road. I think that I can appreciate being on campus a little bit more now that I have some more knowledge about its surrounding natural areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment