Monday, November 30, 2009

Field Trip # 5 – Urban Fort Myers and Southwest Florida Historical Museum

I thought the trip to Urban Fort Myers and the Southwest Florida Historical Museum was a lot of fun. Before this trip I was not very familiar with the history of South West Florida. I was surprised to see how much of the old Fort Myers was still intact. The part of urban Fort Myers that amazed me the most was how elaborate it looked in comparison to the Fort Myers of today. The old buildings and structures were beautifully constructed with an incredible amount of detail and effort put into them. I thought it was great that the city has kept these treasures so well preserved because it gives the chance for students like me to step back in time and see Fort Myers as it was so long ago. The Museum was just as interesting as the walk through urban Fort Myers. I found it incredible that they had old relics and bones that dated back all the way to the dinosaurs. My favorite part of the Museum was walking through the area with all the incredible photographs taken by Clyde Butcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment